Q: Who are you?
A: I am Chad Mulroney.
Q: What do you do?
A: I create things…all of the things. I am a 3D Tech Artist and Animator by trade, having skills spanning many areas including programming, rigging and animation, texture art, game design, video production, and more!
Q: Where are you based?
A: Mostly in Melbourne, Australia. I can also be found in the United States at various times during the year.
Q: Do you have any official qualifications?
A: Yes, I have a BSc. in Computer Science and Software Engineering, and a BMm. in Games and Interactivity, both from Swinburne University. I also have a Diploma of Computing from M.I.B.T as well as a TAE40110 Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
Q: That’s all well and good but do you have any Industry Experience?
A: I sure do. I am one of the founding members of Pub Games and have worked on numerous projects for the Melbourne based studio and various partner studios based here and overseas. I also attend annual events and industry expos including GDC, E3, and PAX AUS.
Q: Are you available for contract or consulting work?
A: Yes, I freelance as a creative consultant and contract digital & 3D artist / designer (subject to my current workload).
Q: Do you do anything else outside of the games industry?
A: Yes, I am also an I.T consultant and systems architect/administrator. I have over 10 years experience designing/building/and installing high end custom computer systems. I also taught 3D modeling and games design at Diploma and Cert III and IV level.
Q: Do you have any other hobbies?
A: I love electronics and robotics and have been designing and building systems around both since I was 6 years old. I also love cars and engines and often work on both of these when I need to take a break from looking at screens. That…or, hiking, camping, jumping around the place, and climbing things. I am a big fan of nature…and goats. They crack me up. Oh, and last but not least, LEGO! If you ever feel like doing something creative, find some LEGO and make something, anything. You will feel better for it 🙂
Q: How do I contact you?
A: You can email me at one of the following addresses:
[ Skills ]
- 3D modelling
- 2D design and illustration
- Rigging and animation
- Texture and UV mapping
- Environmental modelling
- Texture design
- UDK / Unreal Engine 3 asset pipeline
- Unreal Engine 4 asset pipeline
- Concept design and realisation
- Platform agnostic game development
- Mobile game development
- Asset optimisation
- Video editing and effects
- Audio editing and effects
- Task delegation and management
- Art direction
- Game logic / game design
- Games education
- Blueprints / scripting / programming
[ Experience ]
- Means of Escape
- Primal Carnage Mobile
- Swinburne Physics App
- Primal Carnage:Extinction
- Primal Carnage: Onslaught
- Rinnai Commercial
- Udemy Video Tutorials
- The Adventures of Helpful Hugsalot (Hand drawn RPG adventure game for Mobile and HTML5)
- Hugsy Match (A Memory matching game for Mobile devices)
- Space Junker (2017)
Industry and Community Engagement
- PAX Prime 2011 (Exhibitor: Primal Carnage Mobile)
- E3 2012
- E3 2013
- GCAP 2013
- PAX Australia 2013 (Exhibitor: Blastpoints)
- PAX Australia 2014 (Exhibitor: Primal Carnage Extinction)
- GCAP 2015
- PAX Australia 2015
- Epic MegaJam! October 2015
- GDC 2016
- Steam Dev Days 2016
- GCAP 2016
- Pax Australia 2016 (Exhibitor. Designed and set up booths for Primal Carnage: Onslaught)
[ Software & Development Tools ]
- Autodesk 3DS Max (Certified Professional)
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk Sketchbook Pro (Tablet and PC)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Audition
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Unreal Engine 3
- Unreal Engine 4
[ Education ]
- BSc. (Computer Science and Software Engineering) -Swinburne University 2013
- BMm. (Games & Interactivity) -Swinburne University 2013
- Dip.Comp -Melbourne Institute of Business and Technology 2006
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment -CBD College Melbourne 2015